9.29.2010

A Review: Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation

This foundation has been all the rave on some bloggers and amongst the YouTube community so I had to see what the hype was about. I really do like this foundation though it has some vices. It provides the smooth flawless skin that it boasts and the texture of it feels really nice! It's cooling and applies easily with medium to thick coverage. This foundation is best applied with a stippling brush or a dense flat top brush. It does come with a generic sponge but I haven't used it to apply the foundation.

The price can range from $7.99 to $9.99 depending on where you purchase it from. I paid $7.00 at my local CVS when it was having a Maybelline sale. There isn't much product, only 0.49 ounces which is pretty minimal if you ask me.

The packaging is definitely not my favorite. It's very bulky for such little product. The lid makes up for more than half of the space and is a waste of plastic! I would have much preferred if this came with just a simple screw on lid with no sponge holder.

Here is what the 
Maybelline sites claims:Why You'll Love It
Unique cream-whipped foundation provides 100% baby-smooth perfection.
  • Skin looks and feels hydrated for 14 hours - never rough or dry
  • Lightweight formula provides perfectly moisturizing coverage
  • Blends seamlessly and feels fresh all-day
  • Oil-free, Fragrance-free, Dermatologist Tested, Allergy Tested, Non-comedogenic – won’t clog pores.
  • Safe for sensitive skin

I will say that the claim of 14 hours is false. After about six hours I can see the foundation slipping off and my pores reappearing. If you are someone with big pores, this foundation might accentuate it. It does feel moisturizing, which can be a problem people who have very oily skin. You need to set this foundation with a powder for it to have any staying power. Because of the texture, if you don't set it with a powder it will rub off which is not pretty.

Another strike against this foundation are the shades. It comes in a very limited ten shades. I had a hard time picking out a foundation that was right for me. I eventually settled on 240 Natural Beige because it had gold/yellow undertones in it. I was afraid that it would be too dark but it did blend nicely into my skin. I think that if I went with the shade next shade lighter, which would be 200 Creamy Natural, it would've have worked for me as well.

There is no SPF which means no white cast, but I wouldn't wear this out for a night dancing, I'd be too afraid that it would melt off my face! This foundation is probably best for the day when you're out running errands or going out for a lunch date. If it had more staying power I think this would be an excellent foundation but for now, it's just a good foundation.






Pros:

-Moisturizing
-Light weight
-Medium to thick coverage
-Flawless application
-Cooling sensation

Cons:
-Limited shades
-Not long lasting
-Can accentuate pores or oiliness
-Bulky packaging!

Would I repurchase: Probably not, though the shade matches me very well the hassle of me having to worry if my face is rubbing off my clothes deters me from buying this again.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the review steph!! ^_^ gives me a better idea on what products to go for and to not go for. I was going to pick this one up - but decided not to. I'm currently using the maybelline dream liquid mousse airbrush finish. It works okay on my skin, but has a light to medium coverage and it doesn't feel too caked on. ^_^ Going to sephora this saturday - and hopefully i can figure out what my foundation color is for MAC...I probably won't buy anything til I do further research. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hate when foundation slips off!! You're all pretty and perfect in the morning but then you'll be like What happened? D=

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. strange but I like hearing bad things about maybelline mousse harhar. I had a bad experience with them, and I don't get the hype.

    ReplyDelete
  4. people who are originally light toned to begin with will appear light in cam,OBVIOUSLY! I know people who wear high spf foundation and they looked still dark skinned on cam..Alek wek still looks dark in any bright lighting,so does wesley snipes and others.. If people prefer to look light/bright/radiant than thats their preference! I dont think terms like "ghostly" are appropriate. I dont see insulting words being used to people who prefer to be bronzed and stuff. I also disagree with the girl who said "natural lighting", natural lighting is soo dim and dull/shadowy. Alot of times people come out looking jaundice toned, the brighter the better.Personal preference. I know people with no foundation who appear light because they are originally light to begin with. WE HUMANS ALSO DONT TAKE PICS IN THE DARK! Many of times Ive seen pics where its a group photo and the light people appeared pale and darker toned people still appear darker toned. Its a basic concept.
    Plus, I hate to tell ppl what foundation/bronzer/blush/liner to wear. If yoou like or dislike it thats your personal choice.
    I personally would go with a lighter shade for you but thats me.
    Good luck chika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to read my blog. I read all my comments and appreciate each and every one! ^_^

Disqus for My Beauty Blog

Affiliate Disclosure

Beauty is Not Caused is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and The Body Shop Affiliate Program. This means that these are an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com or TheBodyShop.com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails