2.06.2014

First Impression: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure


When Hourglass announced they would release a line of Ambient Lighting Blushes, I tried my best to ignore the ads and blog posts about it. I mean, I'm only kidding myself when I tell myself I need a blush. Alas, I failed and decided to purchase one of the Hourglass blushes when Sephora released it early for the VIB Rouge holders. Fail whale.

There are six shades total, each color is intertwined with their ever so popular Ambient Lightning Powder to create a "seamless, soft-focus and multidimensional color." According to Hourglass, they are offering a different approach to powder blush, which can look flat on the face. With these blushes they claim you can achieve that glow from within.

Out of the six shades, I decided on Mood Exposure. It's described as a soft plum. When I received it and took a swatch it looked a little warm on me. I think depending on your skintone, the color will change from warm or more neutral/cool. The blush is mixed with Mood Light which on it's own is described as "a soft, sheer lavender pink that mimics the softest, most forgiving light and brightens the complexion."


I am absolutely in love with the texture of this blush. Like their Ambient powders, it's finely milled and applies flawlessly onto skin. It never looks caked on or too powdery, even with my dry skin. When applied, it gives me this beautiful glow without it being shimmery or glittery.
A single swipe, the top is natural light, bottom is with flash


This is quickly climbing the list of being on of my favorite blushes and I may, when it's released in stores take a gander at the other shades. If you missed out of the VIB Rouge sale, the blushes will be available in Sephora stores 2/21. Or if you can't wait for it to be in stores, the Hourglass website also has these available.

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous blush youve got hun =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that is one of the benefits and drawbacks to blogging--seeing things you want. I'm still ignoring most sale ads and I never look at the Sunday newspaper sale inserts anymore. (What's a smart phone???) :D
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to read my blog. I read all my comments and appreciate each and every one! ^_^

Disqus for My Beauty Blog

Affiliate Disclosure

Beauty is Not Caused is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and The Body Shop Affiliate Program. This means that these are an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com or TheBodyShop.com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails