5.05.2015

April Favorites

I decided to welcome myself back with a post about my favorites for this month. I know my blog has been quiet as of late. During late February and all of March I was dealing with some weird skin issues. I had zits and pimples on spots on my face I've never had before. Between the dry skin I already suffer during the cold and the breakouts I had no motivation to post anything. Every time I put on makeup I felt it didn't sit right and just felt all out gross. I ultimately decided it was much better to let my skin breathe, blemishes and all until it healed. Now that the skin has finally calmed down, I'm dabbling back into the makeup and frankly, putting a bit more effort in it. Anyway, enough chatting, here are the favorites.

1) Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + : I chose the lotion version as opposed to the "gel" version because my skin is hella dry. Even now that it's warmer this lotion is great as the base for the rest of my makeup. My skin feels soft and smooth and it does not react at all. Definitely a keeper.

2) Stella McCartney Stella Eau de Toilette: I purchased this during the VIB sale. I have the original Stella which I LOVE and while this one is similar, it's lighter and crisper, a perfect perfume for spring and summer. It's floral and citrus-y but not too garden floral smelling. If you like scents like Dolce and Gabana Light Blue, the original Stella, or Versace Bright Crystal, you'll definitely like this one.

3) Stila Eyes Are the Window in Soul: Besides the beautiful packaging, this is absolutely gorgeous! I know Temptalia gave this a "meh" review but for me the shadows are buttery and smooth and I have no issues with them. I use this interchangeably with the new Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour palette which is easily becoming another favorite.

4) Smashbox PhotoReady Primer Water: I was totally sold by Jacklyn Hill when she described how much she loved this. I was a little nervous that this was a gimmicky product but this stuff really works! I don't know what it is, maybe it's the nozzle or the order of ingredients but my skin feels smooth and almost velvety. I spritz this twice or three times after my moisturizer and let it set before I go onto foundation.

5) Laura Mercier Silk Creme Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation: So I originally wanted to purchase the original formula of the Silk Creme foundation, of course when I went into Sephora I found out they got rid of the old formula and have come out with this version. I read the reviews while in stores and the die-hard original formula lovers seem to hate this, but since I never tried it I figured I had nothing to lose. It's been my current go-to, leaves a nice glow without me looking like an oil slick and covers my redness. I wear the color Bamboo Beige.

6) Kat Von D Studded Lipstick in Lolita: Another coveted shade. It's a darker look compared to the trendy pink brown but still suitable for everyday. It's easy to look made up with this lipstick with some tinted moisturizer and mascara. Just a side note, I've tried both the lipstick and the liquid lipstick formula. For me, the liquid lipstick set darker so I would try both in store and see which one you life more.

5 comments:

  1. I have been hearing about the Lolita lipstick for a while and I seriously am considering it. Would love to see how it looks on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to do a post on the lipstcks! <3

      Delete
  2. Beauty is not caused, nor diminished by a breakout. Let you skin breath was a good call.

    The 12 year-old ine still smiles everyone I read eau de toilette. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally think my skin is grateful I did give it a break.

      hahaha it is funny to say, usually I just say perfume =P

      Delete
    2. I can't type on my iPod at any time, but especially early in the morning. It was supposed to read, "Letting your..." and "The 12 year-old in me still smiles every time I..." Oh well!!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to read my blog. I read all my comments and appreciate each and every one! ^_^

Disqus for My Beauty Blog

Affiliate Disclosure

Beauty is Not Caused is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and The Body Shop Affiliate Program. This means that these are an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com or TheBodyShop.com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails