3.19.2013

Quick Recipe: Chai Spiced Apple Tea

I have always loved tea. Maybe it's the Chinese in me, but me and tea have always had a great relationship. Lately I've been drinking more tea to add variety and flavor without adding a ton of calories and sugar. This recipe I whipped up the other night to satiate my sweet tooth and have made it a bunch of  times since. I haven't tried this with green or white tea. Unless it's matcha, my preference for green and white tea is plain.

What You'll Need:
-Your favorite mug
-Your choice of tea. I'm using Twinnings Chai Spiced Apple.
-Half to one cup of almond milk. You can also use soy or regular milk. If you're feeling really indulgent you can even use half and half. The amount of milk you use depends on how creamy you want your tea.
-Sweetener, any kind you wish to use. I'm using Truvia.
-Cinnamon (optional)


What To Do:
1-Brew your tea. I'm using my Keurig.
2-Heat up your milk while your tea steeps. You can do this via microwave or stovetop. I nuked my milk for two minutes after I measured it out.
3-Let your tea steep for four to six minutes. I add my cinnamon at this point. I feel it brings out the chai in the tea. Plus apple and cinnamon compliment each other so well.
4-Pour your warmed milk and sweetener into your mug. Stir to mix well. You can also discard your tea bag at this point. I like to leave mine in.
5-Sit back and enjoy!


The finished product!
Macros:
For half cup of almond milk: 
Calories: 15
Total fat: 1.2 g
Carbs: 0.5g
Protein: 0.5g

Please let me know if you try a version of this! I would love to hear about it! Happy Tuesday!

By the way, did anyone watch The Biggest Loser finale? Congrats to Danni for that victory! It was well deserved. I love this show because it shows how discipline, motivation and drive can truly transform people inside and out.
(image rights: NBC)


**All products included in this post were purchased with my own finances unless otherwise stated.**

6 comments:

  1. Sounds so yummy!!!!!!! :) I have this tea in the office I think... and I'll use creamer :p Off to make some. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almond milk? I haven't seen that before. The tea sounds tasty. I like tea, but don't drink it often--mostly when I don't feel well.

    Happy Tue.....Wednesday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish I drank any sort of caffeine! I can practically smell this coming from the screen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try it without caffeinated tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like almond milk more since regular milk can sometimes give me an upset stomach, and it has less calories!! You should drink more tea, it's super beneficial!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. let me know how you like it!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to read my blog. I read all my comments and appreciate each and every one! ^_^

Disqus for My Beauty Blog

Affiliate Disclosure

Beauty is Not Caused is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and The Body Shop Affiliate Program. This means that these are an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com or TheBodyShop.com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails