3.02.2013

February Favorites

It's been a relatively quiet month for me for beauty products. I have put myself on a shopping ban (necessities not included). Again, it's a way to cycle through the things I have and also to discipline myself. I know I have a very BAD shopping habit which I need to take control of!

My current favorites have been things I've been using religiously, I've noticed that I can't force myself to use a product if I don't like it. I guess I don't like to settle on things, which can be both a good thing or a bad thing if you want to think about it!
Favorites from left to right:
1-NARS Pure Radiated Tinted Moisturizer in Alaska - This is by far my favorite TM. Laura Mercier comes a close second, but I love the way this makes my skin glow. The downside? The color is too dark for me now! I wore it out yesterday and noticed that my face was slightly darker than my neck (btw an instant fix for that during the winter is to wear a scarf!) So when my shopping ban is up, I think I'll need to pick up Finland, the lightest out of the line.

2. MAC Prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder - This is the best setting powder for me, winter or summer. I use a lighter hand during the winter because my skin tends to be very dry. I rarely have to retouch my face when I use this, other powders not so much.

3. Josie Maran Argan Oil - I got this with my Clarisonic Mia set along with some other Josie Maran products. This winter has been brutal to my skin, especially my face. My face still feels dry and tight regardless of how much lotion I put on. So I layer this underneath my moisturizer and it does wonders. My face feels supple and my dark marks are slowly fading away. When my small jar is used up, you bet your bottom dollar I'll be getting a regular sized version of this!

4. Laura Mercier Secret Finish - I bought this on a whim in the summer and forgot about it. I was trying to rotate my products and look for products that would make my skin look dewy and fresh. Ideally, this should be applied as a finisher to your makeup, kind of like a spray but I've noticed that if you use too much you can move around the coverage you have on your face. The way I like to apply it is before my foundation. I feel it adds a nice amount of tact to help the foundation adhere to my face. I'll have to play with it a bit more (the proper way) to see how I feel about it.

5. Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer - I've had a love/hate relationship with primers. Some break me out, some feel gross on my face, some do nothing etc., etc., This keeps my foundation on my face without that slick feeling and makes my face feel smooth. The pump is an additional bonus!

6. CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara - Lengthens my lashes without the clumps. I love the brush on this mascara and the formula isn't too wet which is what I prefer. The version I have is the regular because I couldn't wait for the waterproof version to come out. You all know my love for waterproof because of the curl hold. This is a great mascara to use when running errands, the curl doesn't completely drop on my lashes which is a plus!

7. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipgloss in Mirrored Mauve - I did a previous post on these glosses here. My favorite has been Mirrored Mauve because of the versatile ways I can use it.

8. Urban Decay Theodora Palette - I LOVE this palette. It has been the only palette that I've been using. Highly recommended for those of you who are Oz and makeup fans. I have to say, every UD palette I've gotten I have not been disappointed in, so kudos UD!

Whoa, what a long post. I guess I always get carried away with my favorites. Anyway, hope you all are having a wonderful weekend and Happy March! We are only 19 days away from spring! 

6 comments:

  1. The theodora palette looks really cute. I would like to try out some urban decay products but they are soo expensive and out of my budget XD xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindah SirimanothamMarch 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM

    How is the coverage on the tinted moisturizer? I've been looking for one that I love but haven't had any luck. The LM one keeps my skin too "dewy" and I want something that dries down more

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suggest you sign up for Hautelook and the UD newsletter! They always have sale when they are trying to go through their inventory and the prices are dirt cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the problem I've found with TM's and people with oily/combo skin. This TM has more coverage than LM's but I would probably go and ask for a sample to see how it sits on your skin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not settling is generally a good thing. :)

    Hoe you're doing well, ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Hope"...hope you're doing well.

    Must be the farmer in me wanting to get out there and hoe weeds out of the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to read my blog. I read all my comments and appreciate each and every one! ^_^

Disqus for My Beauty Blog

Affiliate Disclosure

Beauty is Not Caused is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and The Body Shop Affiliate Program. This means that these are an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com or TheBodyShop.com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails