10.09.2009

Haul Time!

Ok to make up for the fact that I haven't really updated in about a week, I've coming bearing more than one review. =)

As requested by Ladyboombox I will be telling you all how I feel about Bare Minerals.

So the two I photographed are from the starter kit. These are the main ones I use(d). The starter kit when I bought it came with 3 brushes: the all over face coverage, the kabuki brush, and the concealer brush, and four different powders: Medium, medium beige, warmth, and mineral veil. Now this review is based on the company's older formula, I know they have changed it since I've bought the starter kit so I can't say what the new formula is like on my skin. I've heard that the company has since changed it due to many people complaining about rashes and allergic reactions.

Ok, so now to my love/hate relationship with this product. When I first got it, I was so excited to try it, especially since I've seen the infomercials and heard all the rave reviews about it. (I'm a sucker for advertising) I always wanted the nice finished dewy skin that all the celebrities seem to have all the time so I bought it. The first time I applied it, I did it in the wrong sequence because I didn't bother to look at the dvd it came with...yeah very newbie of me, but anyway, AFTER watching the right way to do it I tried it for about a week everyday. The infomercial and the dvd claimed that it could be quick and easy so I was even excited about that. I found it can be quick and easy and MESSY. Extremely messy, my poor slate grey sink became sprinkled with a mixture of beiges and white powders. It is not quick to have to wash your sink off.

Anywho the product itself claimed that it wasn't like pressed powder and it could be used on all skin types. The small area under my nose is always dry and my cheeks are too at times. Knowing that I had hoped Bare Minerals would be true to their word. Yeah, that didn't work out too well, the formula looked caked on and just not attractive. I also realized that though the starter kit is nice, I never used Medium because it didn't match my skin at all. The warmth was also rarely used because every time I used it (I applied only a tad along my hairline) my Beau would tell me that my face looked way darker than the rest of my body. Another gripe about this product is the fact that I look like a ghost every time someone takes my picture! Because there is mica in it, it reflects off the flash giving me a ghostly white face. Not attractive.

Ok so you're probably wondering, what does she like about it? I do like the coverage. I didn't need a lot to cover blemishes and discolorations on my face. I love the mineral veil, it did what it claimed to do: aka minimize the appearance of pores and give an all over finished look. The brushes that it came with were soft and easy to use, and they didn't shed! Even after I washed them, I got maybe three strands from it.

Maybe the new formulas are nicer, though I would have to read more reviews on them before I decide if I want to try Bare Minerals again.

Ok next review goes to.......

My NARS blush in Angelika. I love this blush, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! If you want that "I just came in from the snow glow" look I recommend this for you. The color just pops. There is some shimmer in it, but when you put it on it doesn't show. Which is a good thing to me, I don't want to look like a glitter stick orgasmed on my face. =D But I have never thought I would like blush so much but I really do enjoy it. I think this will last me a while too just because a tiny bit is all I need to give me some color. I've only used it twice, but I think I'm in love.
Now for people with paler skin, it might give u that baby doll look instead of the flushed look and I don't know how this pink would translate on very dark skin tones, it might not be a great look, I think blushes geared towards the bronzy hues tend to look better on darker skin tones.

Whew, I was gonna add one more but I wrote a lot! I will update soon though, stay beautiful everyone!!

~Meibelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to read my blog. I read all my comments and appreciate each and every one! ^_^

Disqus for My Beauty Blog

Affiliate Disclosure

Beauty is Not Caused is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and The Body Shop Affiliate Program. This means that these are an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com or TheBodyShop.com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails