6.12.2013

May Favorites

Happy June! The warmer weather is finally here on the East Coast and I couldn't be happier! I've been living in shorts and tank tops since the weather has changed. My favorites haven't changed much from the previous month but I have been incorporating some different items to add some variety to the mix.
Starting from left to right:

1) L'Occitane Rose Des Champes hand lotion: Ever since I started lifting weights, the palms of my hands have been very dry. They are also callused as well. So I keep this on my desk and use it every time I wash my hands or when it's feeling a bit dry. It smells of roses and has tiny scent beads. While I really like this, the original L'Occitane Shea Butter formula moisturizes a tad better.

2) L'Oreal True Blend Concealer Crayon in W1-2-3: Smooth to apply and brightens just enough. I do have to powder after application so it stays put.

3) MAC Mineralize Concealer in NC20: I love this concealer. It doesn't settle into lines and stays put. I use this over my MAC face and body for the perfect amount of coverage.

4) Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Juicy Peach: It seems the crayon packaging has become a hit among all these cosmetic brands. Not that I'm complaining! These are great to throw in your purse on the go. Unlike the Clinique and Revlon versions (I haven't tried the CoverGirl version) this contains a bit of shimmer. Like the Clinique version, it is quite moisturizing, unlike the Clinique version it does have a fruity scent.

5) Hourglass Lip Treatment Oil: This is holy grail status to me. I tried it on in store and thought, "meh," it's probably overrated. OMG. I swear in the time I was at the store, it made my lips crazy soft and plump. I was sold. It's quite pricey at $42 USD a tube with 0.25 fl oz so I use it sparingly once a day. At night I use my beloved Dior balm. It smells like lavender/herb medicinal but it dissipates.

6) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Honey: Another one I like to throw on and forget about. It's a universal shade that is quite flattering on all skin tones I've seen. It leaves behind a slightly darker stain on lips. Smells minty. This does slightly dry my lips if I reapply too much, but I do love it.

7) Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner: When I want my eyes to stand out more, I do a cat eye with this baby. The liner doesn't budge or flake and applies like a dream. No skipping yet and I've had this for months now.

8) Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden: Unlike the original UDPP, this contains a bit of color to neutralize my lids. Sometimes I wear this alone and slap my Stila eyeliner on and call it a day. The only issue I've encountered with this slight creasing if I apply too much. So I dab a small amount on and blend it onto my eyes with a synthetic brush in layers.

4 comments:

  1. i love the lotions too! i also prefer the shea butter formula. makes my hands feel so soft! if you wanna try something new, the first aid beauty one is really nice! im gonna have to try that hourglass lip treatment, not drinking water really takes a toll on my skin! and now that i don`t wear glosses, i don`t get the moisture i used to :/ (damn boyfriend, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great reviews on the first aid beauty one, I just got the lip balm cause of u and am trying it out now! Soap and Glory also makes a really awesome hand lotion too, that one i keep in my bag.


    Get the lip treatment! You won't regret it! Plus it's plated with 24k gold...baaaaaaalllinnnn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lip treatment?! I think I'm gonna have to check it out! My lips are extremely dry and chapped all the time and I have no one to blame but myself. I don't drink enough water, and I definitely don't use lip balm on a regular basis. I need to get into a better habit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You almost have me sold on that lip oil! I'll have to check it out. I haven't been disappointed with any hourglass products yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to read my blog. I read all my comments and appreciate each and every one! ^_^

Disqus for My Beauty Blog

Affiliate Disclosure

Beauty is Not Caused is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and The Body Shop Affiliate Program. This means that these are an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com or TheBodyShop.com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails